- Don't let the name roundtable fool you.
- It isn't necessarily round, and you don't need a table.
- It's a training know-how show.
- It's the single most important function of the district.
- It's the Scout program in action.
- It's your most effective medium for getting the program to the unit.
- It's an information source for leaders.
- It's a meeting where leaders can discuss and share what works in their unit's - success stories!
- It's Scout leaders having fun while learning.
Roundtable is a form of Commissioner Service and Supplemental Training for volunteers at the unit level to give them an example for unit meetings, information on policy, events and training opportunities, service opportunities, and misc ideas. It's also an an opportunity to share experiences and enjoy fun and fellowship so they will be able to provide a stronger program for their Scouts.
When: First Thursday of every month, except July.
6:30 - Gathering - Slide Show Starts
6:50 - Scouting Video(s)
7:00 - Opening
7:05 - Calendar items of interest, Recognitions & Late Breaking Announcements
7:25 - Ging Gang Goolie Time
7:30 - Breakout/Forum sessions - (Cub Scout, Boy Scouts, and Venturing Leaders)
Where: New Richmond Paperjack Elementry School, 1011 East 11th Street, New Richmond,WI (see below for directions), except if otherwise announced.
Why: There are lots of reasons:
1. Find out how to make things better for your unit
2. Meet fellow volunteers and district officials
3. Almost-Eagles get projects reviewed, have final Board of Review
4. Regular training events
5. Announcements, announcements, announcements!
Directions to Roundtable
New Richmond Paperjack Elementry School
Events: monthly District Roundtable, Eagle boards of review, training
Address: 1011 East 11th Street, New Richmond, WI
From the South, travel north on WI-65 to CR-GG. Turn right on CR-GG and drive about 1 mile east. School in on your left.
From the North, travel south on WI-65 to CR-GG. Turn left on CR-GG and drive about 1 mile east. School in on your left.
GPS Coordinates & Map of Roundtable:
Roundtable Breakouts and Services/Activities
Monthly Roundtables start with a general meeting (15 minutes or so) to keep everyone up to date on upcoming events and district activities. Usually we receive a few words from the District Executive, our district's professional scouter. Once the general meeting is over, there are a range of other activities:
- Cub Scouting - every month there is a breakout session for Cub Scout leaders
- Boy Scouting - every month there is a breakout session for Boy Scout leaders
- Venturing - every month there is a Venturing Forum for Venturing Youth Officers and Advisor
- Eagle Board of Review - most months the district's Advancement Committee convenes a Board of Review for Eagle Scout candidates. Be sure to contact the Eagle Coordinator ahead of time if you need to schedule a Board of Review. The Eagle Coordinator and the Eagle Coordinator Staff also reviews and approves Eagle Leadership Service Projects. Click here for more information.
- Eagle Fair - Life Scouts, Parents, Scoutmasters, and Eagle Coaches with information on the Eagle Scout Award.
- Order of The Arrow Chapter - The Eagle River OA Chapter meeting for all OA members.
- Venturing Officers Association - The VOA meeting for Venturing youth in support of all Venturing Crews in the district
- Adult Training - some Roundtables include formal training sessions for Youth Protection, Baloo, Outdoor Leadership, etc.
- Special Features - Different months brings special program features like Fireside Chat, Chili Cook-off and others.
- Scout Shop - From time to time, we will have the BSA Scout Shop at Roundtable. Not everything will be available, but stuff you may be in the coming months. The Scout Shop will be at Roundtable in November, January, and April.